Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy National Blog Posting Month!

Well, it's November 1st and all I can say is, it's been a busy few months.  My last post was in April.  Sad, sad, sad.  But I've been inspired by the arrival of National Blog Posting Month, which, I learned today, is November.  Who knew?  The goal is to post every day on your blog.  Yup, whether you want me to or not.  Teehee. :P
 
Blogging is a strange phenomenon.  I started keeping a diary when I was old enough to write.  When Katrina hit New Orleans, I had about 8 or 9 journals collected over the years, all lost, unfortunately.  These were not something I would ever, EVER want anyone to see, and when blogging became a trend, I scoffed.  Who would ever want to read the musings of little old me?  And who would be so presumptuous to think anyone would want to read theirs?

Ummmmm.......me.

I started this blog because I was going through something that I couldn't find anything about online--food sensitivities, allergies, leaky gut (which is not as gross as it sounds), and a rotation diet.  But I found I had more to say.  In fact, I found I had hopes of making writing a career--so much so that I had no time for blogging.  I was writing important stuff, in writing workshops, doing the morning pages for the Artist's Way.  Since March I have another 4 or 5 journals written, and have started writing two books.  Blogging, and then writing, has been a reawakening for me.

I don't know who thought of devoting a month to blogging every day.  I think it's a pretty funny concept.  But for someone who expresses herself best in writing, so much better than in conversation, this is a jump start.  It doesn't have to be so hard.  Having to do it every day takes the pressure off.  It doesn't have to be (and won't be) perfect.  Kind of an issue for me.  For more info, see the post entitled "Perfection." :)

So thank you, whoever you are.  I needed a jump start, a reason to get back to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment